The mission of the M-HSCC is its purpose, its rationale. It guides the orientation, consistency in implementation of decisions and activities carried out by all of its members. It is the central point around which members define their interventions, establish goals, and make progress in a common direction, and concentrate on what they know and do better.
Accordingly, the mission of the M-HSCC is the following:
“The M-HSCC is Myanmar’s Health-Sector coordination entity, which exists to contribute to improving the health and well-being of the population, by advising the Ministry of Health and Sports in strengthening the Health Sector, while considering and respecting the input of its members. As such, the M-HSCC emerges as a coordination structure for health partners alongside and in support of the Ministry of Health and Sports and its ministerial management structures.”
Visions allow organizations to “pave the way”, to move away from their current location pointing at the final destination they intend to reach. Accordingly, the vision of the M-HSCC is the following:
“As we move together toward our national objectives of uplifting health, fitness and educational standards of the entire nation; implementing the National Health Policy, developing a new health system in keeping with political, economic and social conditions; and strengthening rural health services, the M-HSCC will support the Ministry of Health and Sports in coordinating all strategic efforts to ensure that the National Health Plan and its supporting strategies are implemented via a health sector-wide approach that involves the participation of committed stakeholders and partners.”
Objective of the M-HSCC
The main objective of the M-HSCC is to contribute to improving the health and well-being of the population of Myanmar.
The specific objectives of the M-HSCC include the following:
- Advising Ministry of Health and Sports in strengthening the health sector
- Providing a space for strategic discussion on health-related issues
- Acting as a coordination body for the health sector
The scope of M-HSCC actions is determined by the National Health Plan and its sub-strategies, which does not limit itself to just one disease or individual projects and programs, but to all diseases and public health problems facing the people of Myanmar and to all projects and programs linked to the health sector.
The M-HSCC adheres to the principles of health systems strengthening, selflessness, inclusive participation, cooperative partnership, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, leadership, efficient operation, enforcing gender equity and Human Rights.
- In line with its objectives, the M-HSCC will conduct its activities with the goal of universal health coverage included in the list of its desired outcomes.
- The M-HSCC will guarantee that gender equity and Human Rights be respected in all its endeavours.
- Members of the M-HSCC should act solely in terms of the public interest. They should not do so in order to gain financial or other benefits for themselves, their family or their friends.
- The M-HSCC embraces the principle of cooperative society, that is, one that aims at joining efforts with its members to achieve common goals.
- M-HSCC members should be as open as possible about all the decisions and actions that they take. They should give reasons for their decisions and restrict information only when the wider public interest clearly demands.
- M-HSCC members should promote and support these principles by leadership and example.